NFI Group (NFI), the parent company of Motor Coach Industries (MCI), announced that its annual United Way Workplace Campaign raised $378,700—surpassing its goal by 10 percent and continuing NFI’s commitment to supporting communities. Since 2009, NFI has raised $2.8 million for United Way agencies.
The campaign was again championed by employees across North America, with MCI Director of Human Resources Michelle Whyard as campaign chair and teams participating from NFI subsidiaries and raising funds through individual, team challenge, and virtual giving.
“This has by far been the most challenging year for fundraising across the board, with a global pandemic and economic recession creating a tough reality that at times felt like an uphill battle—but our team dug deep. Together, we rallied to raise precious dollars that will provide critical and basic supports to so many in need in our communities,” said NFI Executive Vice President, Human Resources Janice Harper.
“As a driving value of our organization, supporting our communities continues to provide a path that brings us together. At NFI, we exist to move people—millions of them around the world every day—but we do so with great care and consideration for what life looks like at the final destination. This year has been unlike any other, and we must continue doing what we can to lift our communities when and where they need it most,” Harper added.
NFI’s 2020 campaign supported 19 different United Way agencies across the U.S. and Canada, located in or nearby communities where NFI has facilities, including:
- Inland Empire United Way (Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.)
- Metro United Way (Louisville, Ky.)
- Renfrew County United Way (Pembroke, Ontario)
- Tri-County Area United Way (Marinette, Wisc.)
- United Way Bay Area (San Francisco, Calif.)
- United Way Fresno & Madera Counties (Fresno, Calif.)
- United Way Greater Toronto (Toronto, Ontario)
- United Way Montréal (Montréal, Quebec)
- United Way of Central Minnesota (St. Cloud, Minn.)
- United Way of Crookston (Crookston, Minn.)
- United Way of Delaware County (Delaware, Ohio)
- United Way of East Central Alabama (Anniston, Ala.)
- United Way of Grand Forks, East Grand Forks & Area (Pembina, N.D.)
- United Way of Greater Philadelphia & Southern New Jersey (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- United Way of Kentucky (Louisville, Ky.)
- United Way of Metropolitan Chicago (Chicago, Ill.)
- United Way of Metropolitan Dallas (Dallas, Texas)
- United Way of Southern Chautauqua County (Jamestown, N.Y.)
- United Way Winnipeg (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Visit nfigroup.com for more information.