On Friday, August 13, the National Limousine Association (NLA) is opening up nominations for its annual Board of Directors election. Six seats representing regions from around the world will be available for candidates:
- At Large: 1 seat (any state in US)
- US Central Region: 1 seat (Ark., Iowa, Ill., Ind., Kan., La., Mich., Minn., Mo., N.D., Neb., Ohio, Okla., S.D., Texas, and Wisc.)
- US Northeast Region: 1 seat (Conn., Mass., Maine, N.H., N.J., N.Y., Pa., R.I., and Vt.)
- US West Region: 1 seat (Ark., Ariz., Calif., Colo., Hawaii, Idaho, Mont., Nev., N.M., Ore., Utah, Wash., and Wyo.)
- Canada Region: 1 seat
- International Region: 1 seat
“If you are interested in giving back to your NLA and the industry, I strongly urge you to consider running for the NLA Board,” said NLA President Robert Alexander of RMA Worldwide in a weekly letter to members. “Serving on the NLA Board is both an incredible honor and huge responsibility. Board members devote time and money away from their own businesses for the betterment of the NLA and industry as a whole. Not only do Board members spend hours on monthly calls and at in-person meetings throughout the year, but they also serve on various committees to pioneer new programs and initiatives to benefit NLA members.”
In an effort to attract new Board members, Alexander said that the NLA is planning an informational session featuring current and former Board members to answer any questions operators may have about running for and serving on the Board.
“We have had so many wonderful industry leaders step up each year to dedicate their expertise and support to the NLA, and I am sure we will see excellent candidates step up this year as well,” added Alexander. “We are always look for fresh ideas and energy to continue the NLA's legacy and make it even better.”
Visit limo.org for more information.