The National Limousine Association (NLA) has extended the application deadline for its open board seats to October 15, NLA President Robert Alexander of RMA Worldwide announced in his weekly letter to members. The current open seats are:
- At Large: 1 seat (any state in US)
- US Central Region: 1 seat (Ark., Iowa, Ill., Ind., Kan., La., Mich., Minn., Mo., N.D., Neb., Ohio, Okla., S.D., Texas, and Wisc.)
- US Northeast Region: 1 seat (Conn., Mass., Maine, N.H., N.J., N.Y., Pa., R.I., and Vt.)
- US West Region: 1 seat (Ark., Ariz., Calif., Colo., Hawaii, Idaho, Mont., Nev., N.M., Ore., Utah, Wash., and Wyo.)
- Canada Region: 1 seat
- International Region: 1 seat
“Having multiple candidates and getting a diverse group of operators involved offers members valuable choices when it comes to casting their vote and helps to strengthen the voice of our collective membership,” Alexander said in the letter. “By extending the date past the upcoming CD/NLA Show, I am hopeful that interested members will use the show as a unique opportunity to meet with current and former board members to gain insights about serving. I strongly urge every member who is thinking about stepping up and running to come to the show, attend the NLA Membership Meeting, stop by the NLA Lounge, and meet with board members. The show provides each of you with a rare opportunity to go behind-the-scenes and learn more straight from the source.”
Additionally, the NLA held an information session with several past and current board members on August 24 to help answer any questions about running for the board and what is expected from these leaders. The session is available here.
Visit limo.org for more information.