ABC Companies, a provider of motorcoach, transit, shuttle, and electric passenger transport vehicles in the US and Canada, promoted fleet diversification at last week’s UMA Expo 2022 in Long Beach, Calif. Joining the company’s flagship Van Hool CX45 model, a new Turtle Top shuttle option—the Terra Transit medium-duty shuttle bus—was featured on the show floor.
“We are attuned to the changing demands of passenger transport and operator needs, especially in the current environment,” said ABC President/Chief Commercial Officer Roman Cornell. “We think that versatility is today’s game changer and we’ve added new OEM categories, like minibuses and more to the ABC portfolio to help owners be proactive in diversifying their business model. Knowing the needs of our customers means we focused on adding brands like Turtle Top and others, who provide superior products and support in their categories. Whether they need a full-size coach, smaller coach model, transit vehicles, or shuttle cutaways, we’re ready to help them make any size passenger move.”
Cornell says that fleet diversification is key to ABC’s growth strategy, which is reflected in its current lineup. With passenger configurations for 12-81 passengers, ABC’s offerings from OEM category leaders offers choices that support large group moves, provide alternatives for smaller groups, and address emerging trends for micro-transit and alternative mobility.
“We’re seeing a lot of creativity in how operators are running their fleets today,” said Cornell. “We’ve positioned our portfolio and moreover, our entire platform of support services to help them be flexible and thrive. Though our expanded services, a broader equipment offering, and decades of expertise, we can help owners capitalize on the changing face of ground transportation.”
2022 Van Hool CX45 features and amenities:
- Soft touch and textured finishes throughout driver’s area and passenger cabin
- Modular passenger entry with downlit accent lighting and brushed metal finishes
- Low-profile parcel rack end cap design
- Maximized footprint side entry restroom w/inset design elements and frosted window
- Driver’s area has an integrated low-profile ELD mounting point; cup holders, 12V outlet, and USB port
- Digital dash integrating high visibility driver alerts; output for speed, tach, pressure, temp readings and much more; touchscreen REI entertainment system featuring HDMI-E A/V and Bluetooth connectivity
- New to 2022—IMMI V4S Smartwheel Tritouch Steering Wheel: Bringing dashboard controls to the driver’s fingertips the V4S Smartwheel adds a new level of functionality via integrated center control pod; 27-function driver facing buttons and four 2-sided paddles; customer-specific graphics; LIN-based to work with CAN-based vehicles
Turtle Top Terra Transit Shuttle features and amenities:
- Availability on Ford or Chevy chassis
- 29” or 36” front door entry
- Large A-pillar window
- Available in flat and lowered floor
- Flexible seating options up to 34 passengers
- Variety of floor plans integrating storage, seating preference, and wheelchair accessibility (front or rear lift location)
Visit abc-companies.com for more information.