With the travel industry on hiatus, ABC Companies has turned its focus to shaping solutions that navigate the “how” of operating in this new reality. Putting effective safeguards and protocols in place designed to ensure the comfort and security of drivers and passengers will be paramount in the post-COVID environment. With the introduction of its new CLEANS (Contact Limitation & Eradication of Airborne Noxious Systems) program, ABC offers fleet owners a variety of products and services designed to thoroughly disinfect coaches and optimize cabin air quality while providing driver and passenger shielding and personal hygiene stations onboard fleet vehicles.
“As the economy restarts, demonstrating how operators can protect drivers and passengers will be a top priority in restoring traveler confidence,” says Vice President of Marketing Thom Peebles. “The new CLEANS suite of products and services gives fleet owners the tools to think ahead and begin planning to move as quickly as possible when health professionals give us the green light to get rolling.”
ABC says that its new CLEANS suite offers a variety of options that can work with the widest possible range of coach brands and models currently in service, as well as new Van Hool equipment.
“The immediacy of addressing customer needs and issues cannot be understated,” says President and CCO Roman Cornell. “Our focus is on creating viable solutions that can be easily adapted, installed, and removed, but most importantly, are ready to go now. Ultimately, we want to get passengers onto our customers’ coaches as quickly as possible, and creating an environment they feel comfortable traveling in is key.”
Most of the CLEANS suite of products can be retrofit on existing equipment (most major brands) or specified on new Van Hool motorcoach orders and include the following product and service categories:
- Electrostatic fogging with solutions also used in commercial airlines providing up to a 99.994 percent reduction in Virus Control including the Human Coronavirus
- Fogging service conducted by ABC on-site or at a customer location
- Disinfectant electrostatic fogger units will also be available later through ABC
HVAC Purification Systems
- MERV 13 rated cabin filters capable of capturing particles between 1 and 5 micrometers and smaller
- UV light HVAC disinfection system which eliminates 90 percent of microbial contaminants after 10 minutes of exposure and 99 percent after 1 hour
- Factory-installed HEPA filtration system that can capture 99.9 percent of particles (bacteria, fungi, and larger viruses or virus clumps)
Passenger & Driver Contact Partitions & Personal Hygiene Stations
- Driver partitions ranging from full enclosures to temporary clear protective barriers
- Passenger protection shields including permanently mounted clear partitions and removable temporary shields
- Hand sanitizer stations that can be mounted at multiple locations
According to ABC, the branded CLEANS program will continue to grow as new products are added to the portfolio based on emerging technologies and customer needs. With decals, seals, and videos designed to remind drivers and passengers of their carriers’ commitment to their well-being, motorcoach operators can focus on getting passengers back on board.
“We are eager to help get our industry rolling again and believe that our CLEANS initiatives can provide a much-needed level of confidence for passengers, drivers and owners that can get us all moving in the right direction again,” said CEO Dane Cornell.
ABC CLEANS products are arriving at ABC locations now, many of which can be found in the Parts Source online parts store. For more additional details and pricing, contact an ABC account manager.
Visit abc-companies.com for more information.