The National Limousine Association (NLA), the leading nonprofit organization responsible for and dedicated to representing the interests of the private chauffeur transportation industry, recently worked with the Global Virus Network (GVN), an international coalition of medical virologists whose goal is to help the international medical community by improving the detection and management of viral diseases, to create a recommended hygienic protocol for drivers and operators amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. As the country begins to reopen and travelers look to safe modes of transportation, the NLA is dedicated to giving the general public the peace of mind that choosing ground transportation is the safest option.
The following recommended guidelines have been approved and validated by the GVN to maintain safe, healthy environments to protect NLA passengers and drivers:
- Vehicles go through a cleaning cycle with a hospital-grade disinfectant 30 minutes after completing each trip. All common areas and high-touch areas, such as armrests, door handles, lavatories, seatback screens, and seat belts, are wiped down and disinfected between trips by drivers and chauffeurs while wearing PPE and gloves.
- Where practicable, it is recommended to open the vehicle windows to minimize potential exposure.
- All drivers will be screened daily based on Centers of Disease Control (CDC) and Department of Health recommendations.
- All drivers shall use PPE as required by local, state, and CDC recommendations
- Glove wearing is promoted. Gloves are mandatory while handling luggage. Using hand sanitizer or washing hands after removing gloves is recommended.
- Safe passenger signs or placards reading “This vehicle is deep cleaned daily in accordance with the CDC recommendations” should be positioned in vehicles reflecting driver’s attention to safety.
- Hand sanitizer or wipes will be available to all drivers and guests.
- All passengers on board are required to wear face coverings.
- It is highly advisable that drivers add similar messaging to the “Terms and Conditions” portion of all email confirmations.
- Prearrival text messages should include a message reading, “XYZ Transportation cares deeply about the health of our passengers and our chauffeurs. For that reason, if anyone at the pickup location has been sick or quarantined due to COVID-19 or has been in recent close contact with someone showing COVID-19 symptoms, please contact us to reschedule your transportation to a more advantageous timeframe.
The NLA has also announced new chairs and members of two more committees for the 2020-2021 term.
Small Operator: Javaid Chaudhry of NYG Limousine (co-chair), Douglas Schwartz of Executive Ground Transportation (co-chair), Kirk Bagger of Captains Car Service, Bill Faeth of Limo University, Imran Haider of US Limo System, Kevin Mullane of Silver Oak Transportation, and Jason Taylor of Prestige Transportation.
Legislative: Matt Assolin of Nikko’s Worldwide (co-chair), Brett Barenholtz of Above All Transportation/Boston Car (co-chair), Diane Forgy of Overland Chauffeur Services, Joe Guinn of Limo & Bus Compliance, Jason Kaplan of The Driver Provider, Jason Ramsey of Prestige Worldwide, Josh Roman of Heaven on Wheels, Tim Rose of Dolphin Transportation, and Rosina Rubin of Attitude New York.
Visit limo.org for more information.