The United Motorcoach Association (UMA) will hold elections for seven operator seats on the board of directors, starting this Thursday, December 2, and closing on December 17. Voting will be done online and the winners will be introduced at the association’s Motorcoach EXPO, scheduled for February 23-27, 2022, in Long Beach, Calif.
Campaigning began in early October, after the slate of candidates was announced during UMA’s online Town Hall.
Candidates by UMA Region
Region 1 (two open seats):
- Lisa Allen of Amador Stage Lines in Reno, Nevada
- Tom Giddens of Pacific Coachways in Garden Grove, California
- John Grzywacz of CIT Signature Transportation in Ames, Iowa
Region 1 covers the western part of the country, including Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Iowa, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Mexico, Nevada, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Region 2 (two open seats):
- Paige Balsinger of All Around Charter & Tours in Nokomis, Florida
- James M. Brown Sr. of Magic Carpet Tour Bus Service in Richmond, Virginia
- Clarence Cox III of Georgia Coach Lines in Fayetteville, Georgia
- Jacqueline Grice of Agape Travel & Tours in Chesapeake, Virginia
- Yvette Harris of Horizon Motor Coach in Harlem, Georgia
- Lee Helms of Sunway Charters in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Jack Kaufman of Timi’s Tours Transportation in Moweaqua, Illinois
- Jason Quick of Quick’s Bus Service in Staunton, Virginia
Region 2 includes Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
Region 3 (uncontested, two open seats):
- Glenn R. Every of Tonche Transit in Mount Temper, New York
- Tim Stout of Stout’s Transportation in Ewing, New Jersey
Region 3 includes Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and West Virginia.
Region 4 is an uncontested race with John Wilson of The Wilson’s Group of Companies in Victoria, British Columbia, seeking the one open seat to represent Canadian operators.
For more information, visit uma.org.