“I’m proud of the many positive ways our industry is evolving, from new apps to new business lines to a renewed focus on customer service,” Kines wrote on the Fleet Forward blog (tlpa.org/Fleet-Forward-Blog). “Many of these changes that may be well-known inside your companies, while other changes may not have attracted attention outside of your own operations, either among the public or your industry peers.”
The driving idea? TLPA members can inspire and communicate with others by bringing their stories and innovative business practices directly to their peers via the Fleet Forward blog.
“We aim to strengthen internal messaging to current and prospective TLPA members and, when possible, help tell those stories to broader audiences. And in order in order for this to work best, we want to hear from you,” Kines shared.
Using social media platforms, video, and more, the TLPA will showcase its members and their stories, and encourages those interested in participating to join the conversation, especially by sending stories about evolving fleets and outside-the-box thinking to John Boit of TLPA’s PR firm Melwood Global by emailing email@example.com.
The Fleet Forward plans include:
• Using social media to share messages and ideas, so now’s the time to join the conversation on platforms like Twitter and Facebook;
• Creating more short, informative, and engaging video content, bolstered by TLPA’s success with effectively harnessing the power of video during its Legislative Fly-In Event this past June;
• Increasing focus on some of the exceptional women leaders within the transportation industry to illustrate the industry’s gender diversity;
• Embracing webinars to create informational, educational opportunities for members between TLPA’s yearly conferences, with plans to host at least two webinars before 2017; and
• Conducting more polls, both through members and the public, with internal efforts to identify the questions that TLPA members are especially interested in having answered—especially if there’s a broader audience appeal.
“By imparting new ideas, showcasing best practices, and communicating them through multiple channels, we believe we can strengthen companies’ relationship with TLPA,” Kines wrote. “Helping members inspire others is the way to strengthen the industry and the association in the process.”
TLPA’s next event is its 98th Annual Convention & Trade Show in Phoenix from November 1-4.
Visit tlpa.org for more information.
TLPA Announces Interactive “Fleet Forward” Initiative
- Category: Industry News