Richmond, Va.--James River Transportation recently added to its fleet of vehicles and enhanced its GPS tracking technology. The new additions include:
- 6 Ford Flex sedans and 2 Ford vans were added to the Norfolk Airport operation to replace vehicles being retired. The sedans have extended legroom for added passenger comfort and the vans have center aisles to facilitate loading and unloading of passengers.
- A 55-passenger, wheelchair-equipped MCI model was added to the motorcoach fleet to address increasing customer needs for such vehicles.
- A new 32-passenger Ford minicoach was added to provide additional fleet capacity and increase the options available to customers.
In addition, the company installed DriveCam’s GPS tracking system in all of its vehicles. The system features include:
- Online tracking showing current location and vehicle speed
- Automatic alerts if a vehicle exceeds the posted speed limit
- Vehicle trip history to show exact routes and times
James River Transportation is a full service transportation provider and event planning organization with facilities located in Richmond, Williamsburg, and Norfolk. The company also has on-site operations at Richmond International Airport and Norfolk International Airport. Services include motorcoach and minicoach transportation, airport transfers, transportation management, contract services, and convention shuttles. The company has been in business for over 80 years.
Visit jamesrivertrans.com for more information.